I'm Just A Sentimental Fool...

Most people say they hate dating.  I'm not one of them.  Dating is fun, it's easy, and it doesn't kill you if it doesn't work out.  It's the disposable razor of the relationship world-one gets dull, oh look, there's another one right there.  I'm having a good time with this dating thing...for the most part. Some days though, I can't help but long for what's missing.
I miss being in love.  I miss that crazy, out of your head, butterflies all over the body feeling when he's around.  I miss the incomparable joy that radiates through you and out of you, and how every day you feel like the sun is shining directly out of your body. I miss the "us against the world" feeling when you and he are just..solid.
I miss falling asleep in someone's arms, warm and safe, then waking up to them smiling at me in the morning, knowing they feel the same as me.
  I've been having bits and pieces of these things with SP, and there are no words for how wonderful it is. He makes me feel all of those things and then some. There's no pressure to be anyone I'm not or do anything I don't want to do when I'm with him.  He takes me for who I am, dents and all. Our time together is simple, sweet. And when I fall asleep, he holds me tight, whispering sweet things to me when he thinks I can't hear him. He wakes me in the morning with a kiss on the back of my neck.
  I'm...afraid.  It's too soon for me to like this..and him, as much as I do. I'm afraid that because I feel this way that I'm gonna come on too strong and maybe he doesn't feel the same for me.  We have never established any sort of "relationship", and I don't even know whether or not he wants one.  He plays things extremely cool, and he's hard to read.  I have found myself opening up a little bit about how I feel about him, and every time I open my mouth, I end up kind of wishing I hadn't-I don't really know at this stage what we are and what's allowed, and I don't want to make things uncomfortable for either one of us. I'm just trying to take things a step at a time, but it's getting harder.  Should I talk to him?  What would I even say?  The last thing I want to do is spoil things, because I really, REALLY like the way I feel when I'm with him.  I just hope he does too. :o/
I'm outta here to wallow in my sappiness for a while.  A little P.S. I Love You should round out this post quite nicely.  Nite.

Comments

  1. Why don't you just ask him how he feels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I'm a wimp lol..I don't want to rock the boat, and kinda feel like it's to early to have "the talk", you know?
    All he has told me so far is that he loves spending time with me. I'm taking it for what it is for now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...