Return of the Mack

The juice is loose.
My mojo, my swagger, my mack-daddy-ness, call it what you want; I thought it missing, but now here it is again, back like the prodigal, almost like it never left.  In the illustrious words of Mr. James Brown,
 "I FEEL GOOD!"
I've noticed, even when I have a shitty day, I still feel pretty damn hunky dory and not like my life is crumbling at my feet.  I get pissed off, I get sad, but I get over it and move on.  I'm....dare I say it...ME again. (insert epiphany moment, sunlight and angels singing here)  The clouds have broken, Hallelujah!  I never thought I would see this day, but welcome back, Me...it's nice to have you back.
  On that same note, things are still going along quite nicely with the aforementioned friend..(I should probably give him a name right about now too, so let's just call him SP to keep the anonymity going and no, those are not his initials for all of you looking to go all Magnum P. I. on Facebook.)  We spent more time together last night;  there is NOTHING I like more these days than curling up on his couch with him, his arm wrapped around me, and my head on his barrel-y chest, just lounging and catching a movie....and eventually falling asleep just like that, while he strokes my hair and kisses my forehead...::sigh::  (oops, sorry, got a bit dreamy for a second..back to you) The funny thing is he was never someone I even thought of this way in the years I've known him, but now that I do, I wonder how I missed it before. I have no expectations, I just know that I'm enjoying this time with him way more than I thought I would, and curious to see where we land.  So far, so good. :)
Normally I would be afraid that this happiness was fleeting, but I'm not this time.  It feels pretty permanent, and I think I'll be ok no matter what happens, in my love life or otherwise.  All I can do is take things a day at a time, and be glad for each one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...