Ear Candy


A few months back I took a break from my usual angst and wrote a short blurb on a fast rising band I was into.  Since then I decided that they needed something a little...'wordier' (and if you're a regular reader, you know Wordy is my middle name).  I knew that one paragraph wasn't enough to encompass the wonder that is Ceasefire.

  If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you've definitely heard me yelling about these guys more than once, and for good reason.  Let me drop a little musical science on you with a quick bio: Ceasefire was formed in Orange County, California in 2011, spawned from the beautiful minds of brothers Kamren and Ray Alexander, and made whole by Anthony Hainsworth: Drummer Extraordinaire, and Bass Master Flash Brandon Franklin.  Together with their Rockstar manager, Gabe, the guys create magic and make it look effortless.
  I consider myself an avid music fan with a pretty eclectic palate, and I can still say I don't think I've heard anyone else quite like them. They are a potent mixture of Neon Trees, The Killers and U2, with frontman Ray fully encompassing a little of that Bono swagger. Their sound is rich...melodic..lush..decadent. When I first heard their stuff last year, introduced to me by none other than Mr. Gabriel Lee himself, I was instantly reduced to a big pile of fangirl, constantly chomping at the bit for whatever they were working on next.  More than a year later, and the guys have yet to disappoint.
  Although I'm still that crazy fangirl, it now stems from a different place. I have a tremendous amount of respect for these guys...a reverence, really.  They are so dedicated to what they do;  always either prepping for a show or in the lab making magic. I've been lucky enough to get to know the guys a bit, and I'm still amazed at how humble they are and how much they truly appreciate their fans. While I'm on the subject of fans, over the year I've watched their following grow tremendously-social media has been an amazing tool for getting them noticed, and their electric live shows generate new fans every day through word of mouth. Watching this growing support, I know they deserve every drop of it and I couldn't be happier for them.  It's just a matter of time before they blow up and go global, and I'll be able to smile and watch, knowing it would happen all along.

Get to know them for yourself:
Shiny New Website              Facebook
The music player on my page will also link you to their Soundcloud page.

You're Welcome!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...