Ummm...

OK, so let's start a list. 

-Got over my ex: ✔
-Taken time to "find myself“ after said breakup (whatever that means): ✔
-Attended a restaurant/movie/concert/wedding alone ✔
-Taken a trip solo: ✔x3
.. Oh, and lest we forget the biggest & baddest...
-Learned how to love myself and be comfortable with being single: ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔
.. Though it should be noted that such a task would be tough to complete when one has been single as long as I have. 
I checked all the boxes, did all the stuff single people are supposed to do during their single days. I've had adventures and sowed my oats (or something), I've been the kick ass single chick for way longer than I signed up for, but I'm bored!! I'm done being single, it's not fun anymore.  It's not fun attending social events and not having someone to rehash the highlights with over ice cream in your pajamas when it's over. It's not fun being out and about on a nice night in a cool place amongst all the other couples, and instead of hanging out, taking in the scenery, you dash to your car and leave instead of staying and looking like some lonely loser. Adventures are less fun when you don't have someone to share them with.  I miss having someone to share moments with. I miss the 'sharing a look and not having to say a word cuz we just get each other' stuff. I miss being chosen. I miss connecting. I miss waking up next to someone, knowing that 99.9% of the reasons they'll smile that day is because of me. I miss the comfort of always having a date at social obligations, and not having to scramble for one.  Mostly I miss the comfort and peace that only my chosen human can bring.
I miss it...more than I can articulate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

En Recuerdo

Thug Lyfe

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...